- 4-port high speed communication board (2 ports for RS-422/485, 2 ports for either RS-232 or RS-422/485)
- RS-485 ADDC™ data control or by RTS
- Various connection options
- Data transmission speed up to 921.6 Kbps
- On-chip hardware flow control
- Surge Protection and Optical Isolation available as options
- Built-in termination resistors
The CP-114 Series of multiport serial boards is designed for RS-232 and RS-422/485 industrial communication. The CP-114 Series has 2 ports for RS-232 or RS-422/485, selectable by jumper, and 2 ports for RS-422/485, with each RS-422/485 port able to control up to 32 devices in a multidrop environment.
By using ADDC™ (Automatic Data Direction Control) intelligence, applications can easily manage the half-duplex RS-485 port's data transmitting and receiving without the need for writing extra code. In addition, on-chip hardware flow control and built-in termination resistors guarantee data integrity, and optical isolation and surge protection options are also available to deliver high reliability. All of the above attributes make the CP-114 Series of multiport serial boards suitable for harsh industrial applications.